Wednesday, May 23, 2012

17-19

17: Musical with the Best music: This question is way too difficult. I don't know how music works technically. I honestly can't tell you the difference between a riff or a hook. I have no idea. So my answer would be based solely on what I like at the time. Which would be:

Sum 41: Fat Lip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMX2lPum_pg&ob=av2e

The nineties in this music video disgusts me. I love it soooo much. I rarely ever get in the mood for gross grungy bands but I am in love with Sum 41 right now. On a side note I love that every time I google the lead singers name it just brings up stuff about Avril. Bahahahha.

Oh wait that's not a musical.....oh well.

18 Best lyrics

The lyrics of this musical are the only thing that save it from being a savage wreck from hell. It's one of my favorites but, confusing as fuuuuuhhhhh!

Chess- Pity the Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bY__xtl7yI

I wish I could sing this song.

19 From a musical which disappointed you.

I didn't need to think more than five seconds for this one.

Newsies: Carrying the banner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-hMe3iID1k

Everything about this musical infuriates me. I hate it. I want to see it so bad just to see if the live version makes any difference but the lyrics alone just make me want to rip out a stone of  a mountain and swing it towards my eye 30 times.  NOT TO MENTION THEY TOOK OUT PATRICKS MOTHER. UGHHHHH.

Ok we are going to glance at the movie lyrics versus the musical version

Patricks mother:  Patrick darling sense you left me i am undone. Mother loves you. God save my son.

That's the only line this woman ever has and it's probably the best part of the entire movie for me. I love her emotion and the notes and everything. Then we look at the lyrics by her replacement. Which I can't even understand on the cd what he is saying so I may have taken a few liberties but here it is:

Patricks replacement: Curdals, coffee, concrete doormats, sprinkled with moths. papers, biscuits.

What?! First off ....you know what I don't even care enough to keep complaining about this horrible train wreck of a show.  Oh and I'm sorry if you are still confused but I hate this show on broadway. Sorry if that is confusing.

To end this rant Let me just list all the tony awards I think this show will win for itself

No comments:

Post a Comment