Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dream on

I have kind of an obsession about thinking how my old houses are taken care of and looked after now. I always want to go and knock on the doors of my childhood homes and ask if I can look around. When I am rich and famous there are a few houses I plan on buying, either to rent out or live in.

The old house on Lafayette. It's a big green house. It was so lovely, Whenever I think about it I get all nostalgic. It had a HUGE ass pool in the backyard, with neighbors that were fantastic. There are stories of me waking them up at 5 in the morning asking if I could play super nintendo.

The next house was 18 Terry Court Jacksonville Illinois. Go ahead and google map that because I'm going to talk about what you can see in the picture.

If you click on the picture to the left of the map after you search for it, for some reason it is kind of backwards. Turn the camera around so it is pointing down a street that turns into a cul de sac. Do you see the circle of trees in the middle of the road? I can't tell you how many times I played in those bushes. That is where I learned to ride a bike and learned what a go kart was. That was the street I washed my first car. That was the house where I knew what being a kid really meant.

Zoom in and if you can find the house with the garage door up that was my house. My home. The funny thing is it looks like the kind of house that would have more houses behind it but actually it was a huge baseball field. My backyard was a baseball field. I think I should of appreciated that more as a child.

That was where I got my first pet. Where i walked her and loved her.

The thing that I am trying to say is that the dream houses I will live in aren't the ones that I will one day live in but the ones that I have already lived in.

I know that you can never go back but It isn't like I want to own those houses because I want those memories to come back I want to own them because I feel they are mine. I feel that some strangers are living into whats rightfully mine. I know how weird that sounds but whatevs.

No comments:

Post a Comment