Monday, August 27, 2012

Anticipation.

I see you shiver...with...antici....................PATION!

Anticipation is a really strange feeling. Well maybe feeling is the wrong word. Anticipation is a really strange process. I can remember when last december I first saw the hunger games trailer for the very first time. I thought the release date seemed years away. I watched that trailer more than twice a day, twice an hour, taking in every single color, character, line. I couldn't wait for the film.

Fast forward to skipping class getting in line at 7 a.m. just to get a ticket to the price america premiere. I remember finding my seat that night, sitting to a great group of people, listening to people say spoilers out loud, eating candy from a hat

The point is, waiting for each of those things killed me. The wait is what sucks, when you want to see, hear, feel, taste, smell something. It sucks to wait for it.

I don't want to go to far from the point but I think it has something to do with being spoiled, also not too far from the point but seeing it for the first time, I have a really blind eye against critiques, when I want to see something, when I finally see it, Everything is perfect. (except for Harry potter 3. gag.)

So now, I sit, naked in a bathtub, on a macbook pro watching it. I can make the film any size I want (that fits the screen) have the volume up or down, I can fast forward to any part I want, And if I want to pause it to wash my hair, shave my back, or examine my man equipment I can do that.

It's all meh.  What does it matter? I just feel very spoiled. Why does it feel like such a hell to wait for something and when you get it, it feels amazing, when it's right at your fingertips you want something more? I think I should learn to be a bit more grateful of those things I have so easily at my will.

Sometimes I don't know why I write the blogs I do.

It's all for the best.

Before I end I should note, That many of you might be thinking Well Scott  Waiting is half the fun, No no it fucking isn't. I think half the fun is that while you wait, inside of your head, everything is perfect, because it's how you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment